Cash Cow for MW2 begins anew.....

Shek
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Number of posts : 627
    Registration date : 2009-02-16

Cash Cow for MW2 begins anew.....

Post by Shek on Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:42 am

HAY GUYSZ!!!!I HEARD EVERYONE LOVES OUT BILLION DOLLAR GAME, WITH SHIT LIKE COMMANDO, WHY DO YOU NEED TO USE A FUCKING GUN....

HAY GUYS I HEARD YOU LIKE MAPS FROM COD4, WELL I GOT A TREAT FOR YOU, EVEN THOUGH WE ARE IN A LAWSUIT WITH THE PPL WHO PUT MONEY IN OUR WALLETS BECAUSE WE FIRED THEM BECAUSE WE ARE ASSHOLES AND WANT MORE WORLD OF WARCRAFT MONEY...

Map pack 1, march 30, 5 maps, 3 new, 2 from CoD4: Crash and Overgrown....

ALL FOR THE PRICE OF 15, THATS RIGHT, 15 DOLLARS, THIS IS XBOX ONLY FOR A MONTH, BUT WE'LL CHARGE 15 FOR PS3 AND PROBABLY CHARGE 20-25 FOR PC BECAUSE YOU GUYS CAN SACK MEH ACTITIVISIONZ COCKZZZ..

Lawl, but in all serious, it is 15 bucks, XBL gets it 30 days prior to ps3/pc so we can deal with assholes who'll glitch under the maps while we get 5 updates that will do jack shit, I guess laying off the 2 minds behind the Call of Duty series and earning over a billion dollars isn't enough for us. WE WANT YOUR FUCKING MONEY, THATS WHY WE TOLD TREY TO MAKE A GAME BETWEEN IW'S SO WE GET MORE MONEYZ.....

Bye Bye CoD, You leave us with great memories of CoD2, and CoD4, never played the first one, but 3,5,MW2 can lick the underside of mah sack.
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1585
    Registration date : 2009-02-09

Re: Cash Cow for MW2 begins anew.....

Post by AzzDawg on Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:55 am

Shek wrote:Bye Bye CoD, You leave us with great memories of CoD2, and CoD4, never played the first one, but 3,5,MW2 can lick the underside of mah sack.

And Amen to that...

I knew this was going to happen. Glad I did not waste the money.

Admin

Number of posts : 932

Post by Antares on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:01 pm

Unfortunately the popularity rise in gaming the past years have has attracted the evilness of corporate greed wanting to cash in. I hear that BC2 will also be moving along with DLC and have already built that functionality into the game, they just need to turn it on.

Considering that I work for a software developer, I can undertand their desire/need to incorporate a DLC system. My company charges an annual 18% support fee on top of the initial one time licensing fee cost to our customers. We do so because even though we've sold them our software product, we still have to support it. Support it in the sense of continuing to enhance the product and also providing customer support. Its no different with game companies. If we didn't charge this fee, then whose going to pay for the continued enhancement and support of the product? If we didn't charge a support and maintenance fee, the one time deal we made with the customer would see our profit margin erode over time as we continue to support the product, eventually we would have made no profit at all because it got ate up in the cost of providing support. We can't stay in business that way. Game developers can't either.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this. I'd rather spend $50 on a game and maybe an additional $30 over the next year or so to receive addtional maps/weapons and other perks in the game. Rather than experience the typical - I buy the game for $50 and receive a few free patches fixing glaring errors (that shouldn't have existed in the game to begin with) and a couple of extra maps, and then have the developer pull up their stakes and move on with no more support towards the game that still a lot of problems with and no more new stock maps. Just think of all the problems World at War still has. Once the developer sells you the game, there is ZERO dollars involved for them supporting it. They're losing money for every hour of support they put into it.

Just my $.02.
    Shek
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Post by Shek on Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:20 pm

Yeah, looking at the store on the 360 version of Battlefield, theres dlc listed to the end of april/may, theres minor stuff for the classes from that Dr.Pepper promotion, and a map pack at the end of the month, note that its already 2 maps we have, but they added the other gametype to each of them, so pretty much its like getting another map for a game mode.

And I'm hearing Dice is going to release it as free.
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares on Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:49 pm

If its only two maps, I hope that BOTH those maps will work in the DM mode. We need more than four maps for that mode. Thats actually one thing I'm concerned about with this mode. Is not enough maps to maintain our interests. Hopefully they'll convert at least all the stock maps to run in DM. It can't really be that much work. They probablu just section off a part of an existing map and redo the spawn points. Unless there is more involved, it doesn't seem like it would be difficult. Its probably a lower priority at this point.

I'm not oposed to DLC fees because of my work background and understanding of why they're doing it. I have no problem forking out an extra $20 if its going to mean getting some new maps and maybe a few extra goodies like weapons. I don't mind paying a reasonable fee as long as they continue to support and enhance the game. Its really a win win situation when you think about a game that receives continuous support by adding new features and most importantly new maps to keep the game fresh. Hell, I'll pay them $5 for a few maps. Just fix the problems and enhance the game with maps/weapons etc. and I'll pay ya some extra bucks you greedy bastards!
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg on Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:11 am

And I would be more than willing to pay them a bit more too if they fix the issues and give us more maps, IF I DIDN"T HAVE TO SPEND $100 ON IT IN THE FIRST PLACE...

Why do you guys get the exact same game for half the price? The currency exchange is not that much, Why are computer games so much more expensive in Australia?

LT. Colonel

Number of posts : 559
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

Post by turkeyslapper on Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:23 am

3rd world country Azz, you know how it is a strong economy, lots of resources, the best looking women, best beaches, best gamers , no wonder they need to charge more
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares on Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:46 am

It actually is an interesting question, not sure why they would charge so much more unless the Australian goverment has higher tax rates and other tariffs for stuff like games. Thats a lot of money to pay for a game.
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:44 am

Mmm I dunno...

Maybe thats what it is Slapper, We just game better so out of spite of all the american and foreign companies they charge a higher rate for us...

Admin

Post by Antares on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:49 pm

I found something related that claimed that most of the hackers out there are out of Australia and they're jacking the price of the game to discourage some of the low level hackers from getting the game. ;-)
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Post by turkeyslapper on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:44 am

as in hackers they mean extra skillful
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg on Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:24 am

Antares wrote:I found something related that claimed that most of the hackers out there are out of Australia and they're jacking the price of the game to discourage some of the low level hackers from getting the game. ;-)

Oh really Ant? I am sure you can't find this article to back up your very large claim there can you? lol

That really is a huge compliment though Very Happy Thanks.

It is kinda funny that we can join a server with a high ping and slaughter all the Americans with 40 - 50 pings.

LT. Colonel

Post by turkeyslapper on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:43 am

I think we need to change a server to 4 v 4 squad rush, me , azz, troopy and scuba vs the rest of you guys (read yanks)... would be fun...
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares on Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:52 pm

Unfortunately Squad Rush isn't working too good right now and that game mode experiences the highest rate of server crashes. Anyone out there running it shouldn't be, according to the server hosting companies.

Your broadband technology as well as most of the western worlds (Europe) is far better than here in the U.S. Its really surprising that this country has fallen so far behind in broadband. Really what the goverment needs to do is start regulating the broadband companies and forcing them to start rolling better services out to the majority of the country. What they do is focus most of their resources on large cities/metro areas to provide them with the latest and greatest and they ignore the general needs of about 75% of the rest of the country. About the only way to fix the broadband issues in this country is to regulate the companies like they did the utiltiies industry.
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Post by turkeyslapper on Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:55 pm

I've played squad rush a few times and never experienced any problems with server crashes, its good fun lots of knife kills
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:45 am

Yeah... Thats right Ant. Blame it on the Internet over there... lol

I haven't played it.

LT. Colonel

Post by Shek on Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:29 pm

turkeyslapper wrote:I think we need to change a server to 4 v 4 squad rush, me , azz, troopy and scuba vs the rest of you guys (read yanks)... would be fun...

How I wish I could join in on this fun n stuffs, had success with quickscoping with a sniper in deathmatch a few times.
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg on Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:27 am

Lol nice. I haven't gotten a no scope in the game yet. Its very hard to get a noscope.

Admin

Post by Antares on Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:00 pm

My understanding is that they have the most problems with the 4-4 squad rush. Why don't you post a new vote thread to see if others would like a 4-4 Rush server.
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg on Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:08 am

Ok. Will do later. on my lunch break ATM.

LT. Colonel

Post by Shek on Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:53 am

On a random, note I love busting the balls of nuker boosters in Ground War, makes my nipples all hard and shit when I send them a message saying sad, they send one back with the spelling to prove they are under 11, I replay with caps, commas, correctly spell words, and they never reply back.

If any one does convert to a console, at least a 360, if someone messages you, just start your message with a cap (Example, Fuck you), shuts people up quick when their brain overloads from elementary school basics.
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:23 am

LOL...

Good to see you around still on the forums even if you aren't playing with us all Shek. Anything new lately mate?

LT. Colonel

Post by Shek on Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:31 am

I hate people, so pretty much nothing is new.

BFBC2 was $20 on EA's store today, only for today though, if only this laptop wasn't bullshit...
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg on Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:33 am

You could have purchased it while it was cheap and just not download it till you get a better PC...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:25 pm