West Coast Frag Shack - Clan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
bigtroopy
Antares
6 posters

Time to Rebuild Server Traffic

Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 937
    Registration date : 2009-02-09

Time to Rebuild Server Traffic Empty Time to Rebuild Server Traffic

Post by Antares Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:46 pm

As you've probably seen, your server favorite/history are no longer there. Thats because the latest patch wiped it all out. Which means that all those people who had us on our favorites will need to find us again. Thanks Dice! So in other words, don't be surprised that server traffic will probably suffer for awhile.
    bigtroopy
    bigtroopy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 300
    Registration date : 2009-02-28

Time to Rebuild Server Traffic Empty Re: Time to Rebuild Server Traffic

Post by bigtroopy Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:23 am

I updated the patch last night, all my history and favs are still there, only thing that changed for me was there are some little symbols next to the server name.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1586

Post by AzzDawg Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:16 am

My favorites and friends list is still there.

The 4 Player rule is extremely annoying. Moon, Troopy and Myself spent a lot of our afternoon trying to get the server going, but to no avail. the two players that joined didn't stay long, one of which spawn camped the entire map from the ledge on Isla Inocentes so I couldn't spawn.

I have posted a message on the forums for them. I was very nice considering how I was feeling when I wrote it. Feel free to login with your game ID and reinforce what I have said.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/0/507778.page#4746971
    turkeyslapper
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Number of posts : 560
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

Post by turkeyslapper Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:20 am

Nice post azz, you left you, "you f@@king Bast@rds, how dare you ruin this game""
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:25 pm

Update** I changed the startup file and set Show Minmap to False and apparently it will now retain the server HC settings when rebooted. *Yippi!!* Apparently R10 fixed the server settings issue however the startup had to be configured right.
    Perhaps the Favorites thing is related to R10 and R11 supposedly fixed some issues with the Favorites list. Had you logged on prior to R11 being deployed, your favorites would have been gone.

The lack of traffic yesterday could be do to people still needing to DL the patch. I do think the 4 person rule is going to hurt us a bit. It will definitely kill a server once it drops below 4 people. Maybe I'm being premature, but this new 4 person rule could end making things much more difficult with server traffic. I imagine we're not the only SQ DM server clan saying WTF????

*Time to Rant!*
    I've about had it with this game. Sick and fucking tired of the four maps and all the issues with it. I can pretty much guarantee you that ALL 10 maps work on ALL 10 game modes, and those 10 maps are already on your HD. Dice's plan for keeping this game fresh with DLC includes dribbling out their unlock code to release a few recycled maps that will support different game modes. Just like they recently did. WTF happened to providing some SQ DM maps? Its been nearly two months and we have 4 maps for SQ DM and 6 maps for Conquest and Rush. Correct me if I'm wrong but the COD series typically average 12-16 maps on initial release? So what, our DLC for the next 6 months will be recycled maps? I'll tell you what, if they want to keep my interest which is mainly SQ DM, I'm going to need at least 3-4 new maps and fucking pronto! These four maps are good, but unfortunately we have to play each one twice in a row. On top of that, Laguna Presa and Arica Harbor have become total snipe-fests. Its a shame in particular with Laguna Presa because thats a really nice map. But unfortunately its nothing but fucking snipers now every round.

Ok, done! Time to Rebuild Server Traffic Icon_silent

What are your guys thoughts here on this game? Is it going to keep you interest for another couple of months? I suspect that they've probably stablized the servers by now. But what appears to be the DLC plan in my opinion really lacks unless they plan on releasing multiple map packs in the next 30-45 days. If you read the boards, these opinions are becoming more common out there. I don't think this game will have a long shelf life due to overall inadequate lack of support. No money in it. Now the question is, will Dice learn from their mistakes with BC2 and use that experience to enhance Medal of Honor coming out in the early Fall that will be based on this same game engine. Apparently it will be an Afghanistan based campaign which sounds interesting. I suspect that BC2 and MOH will be very similar games but hopefully MOH will be a much improved version of BC2. Same companies involved. Just different title. One good thing about MOH is that its a primarily TDM and FFA style of game. They'll have to have more maps for one thing.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:36 am

I agree. We need more maps fats. Its getting a bit stagnant.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:24 pm

I'm going to recommend that if traffic doesn't come back by the end of next week, that we turn the servers off. Our renewal period is coming up shortly after that. I see that you guys managed to get 12 people on the server last night. However they didn't seem to stick around long and then it died again. This isn't exclusive to us, as I've read many posts from other server admins that speak of the same things we're experiencing. Totally popular server for awhile, R11 comes out, no server traffic and having 5-10 clanmates on a server doesn't generally bring much more traffic in.

This is obviously disappointing but unless they spice this game up with more maps and SOON, I'm pretty much bored with this game anyways. I'd just as soon start playing World at War again. The lack of new maps/enough maps and the over abundance of sniping in this game has pretty much ruined it for me.

Anyone up for starting another World at War server? Maybe a 14-16 slot one? The only way I'd recommend that is if its left totally stock, everything goes. No patience for enforcing rules and not enough players out there to be so strict with rules.
    turkeyslapper
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Post by turkeyslapper Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:24 pm

ive been drifting back to mw2 , notice troopy jumped onhter after we all left bc2 yesterday
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:19 am

I see there hasn't been much at all.

I am not in the mood tonight to camp the server alone or even with another person waiting on people.
    turkeyslapper
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Post by turkeyslapper Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:56 am

just ordered the 5 map pack for mw2 $13.95 from steam. im happy to go back to it until bc2 gets their act together. are game makers idiots or are we really good to know what people want in a game, stability , user friendly interface, regular worthwhile updates, good gameplay. maybe i should go work for them
    moon65
    1st Leuitenent
    1st Leuitenent

Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2009-03-05

Post by moon65 Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:50 pm

Well.....what is there to say. I cannot beleave that ea-dice can think we are going to be happy with 4 maps in each mode for months. Big disapointment that the patch had NO maps in it whatsoever. Honistly, even if the traffic didnt die Im not shure I would be playing it much longer. Even the map I liked best (the jungle map)is nothing but a shitpot of snipers. You cant move 10 feet without being sniped and Im sick of it. Who wants to supply moving targets to camper assholes at the sacrafice of our own enjoyment?. Turky, Troopy, You, and myself were playing mw2 last night and for all its flaws I think I can honistly say I enjoy it more than bc2. At least I would live more than 5 seconds after spawning. I dont think bc2 will ever have the support that the cod games had, fast patches, free map packs ect. Honistly I feel a little ripped off having baught a 4 map bata game for $50.00. Thats what this thing feels like to me.......BATA! Then when a patch does show up, instead of helping the game, the server traffic dies completely and there is a surprise..............punishment for all for the few that were "padding" there rank. Pathetic I tell you.

This game will have to make MAJOR improvements like.............tomarrow for me to be playing it anymore.

moon
    Shek
    Shek
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Number of posts : 627
    Registration date : 2009-02-16

Post by Shek Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:20 pm

turkeyslapper wrote:just ordered the 5 map pack for mw2 $13.95 from steam. im happy to go back to it until bc2 gets their act together. are game makers idiots or are we really good to know what people want in a game, stability , user friendly interface, regular worthwhile updates, good gameplay. maybe i should go work for them

Salvage is probably the worst map I've ever played, you will hate it. Storm and Bailout I enjoy, I call the one house with the 2nd story floor in Bailout as the sniper house, as you will probably find out soon enough Razz. Nothing to be said about Crash and Overgrown as we played those in CoD4. (Still wondering how Overgrown became a "fan" favorite, last I remember, every time that map came up on 360, everyone skipped that piece of shit.)

As for BF:BC2, I play it once in a while, only map I hate on that game is Nelson Bay as I hate night time maps for some reason, I never play TDM or 4 player Rush on it as if I want to play TDM, I can jump onto a CoD game and solo a match.

But yeah....salvage...you will hate it.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:52 pm

Shek and Crew - Speaking of Nelson Bay, that is considered the least favorite of the Rush maps, mainly because its camper haven. Sad to say but rumor has it that that map in addition to Laguna Alta from Conquest will be the next maps unlocked for SQ DM and probably this week. In all honesty that doesn't do much for maintaining my interest in the game.

I'm going to recommend that we turn off either both servers or the Conquest server this month. Its $40 for the Conquest. Funny as I type this, there are suddenly 22 players on the Conquest server. Unfortunately they won't release enough maps for SQ DM fast enough to keep my interest, unless they decide to release the rest of them in the next few weeks.

I'll consider picking up MW2, but I also second guess that option too. I'm also going to be playing COD5 a bit more, as the maps are nice and there is certainly a variety of them, 23 in all! I'd pull out Dome and Making Night from the rotation.

We have a number of months to wait until the new Medal of Honor and Crysis 2 comes out. COD7 (Vietnam) will be out in the Fall, as will the new BF3. Both should be good games. Anyone up for a COD5 server that is stock and everything allowed? No time or interest for babysitting it. Maybe combined with MW2, it would hold us over for a little while. I've actually funded a COD5 server right now running under, =FragShack= HC FFA. 8.6.9.128:28969. I have a few more days to turn it off and get a refund. Anyone want to play this game anymore? No rules, everything goes, just play the game and shut up and have fun *lol*
    turkeyslapper
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Post by turkeyslapper Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:41 pm

i lost my cd key for cod5 so wont be going back to it, I think we should turn 1 server off or convert the conquest to rush and try that for a month
    bigtroopy
    bigtroopy
    Major
    Major

Post by bigtroopy Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:08 am

Mmm, yes well what to do, i myself will still play bc2 every now an then, also mw2, and cod5 when i can, due to still having crashing problems with cod5 can not work them out, ive been told by several people that i need to re install my operating system, but i do not wish to go through all the hassle to do that for one game which i will not play day after day, that being said will still try to play it, what a delema all those games have there floors thats why i will go between them all, dam game makers i hate them all, when will they keep us happy dam them, dam them to hell. Time to Rebuild Server Traffic Icon_evil lol Time to Rebuild Server Traffic Icon_bounce
    Shek
    Shek
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Number of posts : 627
    Registration date : 2009-02-16

Post by Shek Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:37 am

I go back and forth between Cod4 and MW2, been trying to play CoD4 on PC but...I can't take the fucking nade spammers in a 46 man server, fact that those people talk shit and think they are god because they randomly throw 3 nades and get about 3-4 kill each nade is bullshit.

And World at War.......................................................................to hell with the MP40.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:20 am

I will see about reinstalling cod5 I don't think its installed still.

Though I don't really wanna give up on the BC2 servers yet.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:12 pm

We need to decide what we're going to do this week about the BC2 server. They will soon be renewing and do we want to flush $60 but the toilet for servers that will sit empty for the next 30 days?

Troopy - Did you experience COD5 crashes on stock servers? Or are you thinking back to the days we were running the mods? Regarding your OS, its a hassle but well worth the effort by reloading it. Running these games is hard on a computer and corrupts your registry over time. When playing the amount of games that you do, you should be reloading your OS at least once a year if you want optimum performance out of your computer. When was the last time you reloaded it?
    bigtroopy
    bigtroopy
    Major
    Major

Post by bigtroopy Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:38 am

It also happens on stock severs aswell, havent done a re install at all, the pc is about 16 months old, weird it only happens on cod5.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:59 pm

My recommendation Troop is that you reload your OS. You'll only benefit from it believe it. Don't make such a big deal out of it too. If a 15 year old kid can figure out how to do it, I'd imagine you can too. We can always help you with it in case you have questions.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:01 pm

Unless you guys can present a compelling reason to not turn the servers off, I will be scheduling both servers to be shut down at the end of this billing period. We're wasting money keeping them going. If we ARE going to keep at least one server, then I recommend it be the SQ DM since its cheaper and generally has more overall success.

It was fun while it last but this game is just too fucked up and getting too boring too quickly to justify further investment of $60 a month to fund servers. Perhaps $20 a month is more acceptable.
    turkeyslapper
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Post by turkeyslapper Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:58 pm

Ok by me, trying a new free game called The Hunter, http://www.thehunter.com/pub/, its a deer based shooting game, yeah i know some of you do it in real life, but a few mates are addicted to it
    bigtroopy
    bigtroopy
    Major
    Major

Post by bigtroopy Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:53 am

I say give dm ago for another month, turn conquest off and see how we go.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:21 pm

We can do that! If we all make a concerted to get on the DM server and play it, in particular at the same time, we could probably get traffic going again.

I've figured out a way to play the maps only 1 round each. However it requires that ProCon is left open and running 24/7. This is something a hosting company could do for a few bucks a month.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:54 am

Or you can tell me how to do it Ant and I can run it in the background as much as I can. lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm