West Coast Frag Shack - Clan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Why is Counter Strike 1.6 Such a Popular Game?

Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 937
    Registration date : 2009-02-09

Why is Counter Strike 1.6 Such a Popular Game? Empty Why is Counter Strike 1.6 Such a Popular Game?

Post by Antares Thu May 20, 2010 4:30 am

I use to play this game back in late 90's when it was a beta. In fact that was the second game type I ran servers for, the first was Half Life. It was a good game but I don't think a lot has changed with it over the years, has it? I haven't played since like 2000.

Why is it that there are 35,000 people playing that game right now? (9:30pm PST) Compared to COD4 with around 8000 right now.
    Why in the hell do so many people still play that game? Are we missing out on something here? I thought I heard its a massive snipe and hack festival.

Whats the difference between CS 1.6 and Counter Strike Source?
    Shek
    Shek
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Number of posts : 627
    Registration date : 2009-02-16

Why is Counter Strike 1.6 Such a Popular Game? Empty Re: Why is Counter Strike 1.6 Such a Popular Game?

Post by Shek Thu May 20, 2010 7:38 am

Never really played any CS games before, but I think it was Source that is getting a HUGE update soon if they haven't got it already.

If a game is really good, why stop playing it? Sure its old but its more then likely better then a lot of shit these days.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 937

Why is Counter Strike 1.6 Such a Popular Game? Empty Re: Why is Counter Strike 1.6 Such a Popular Game?

Post by Antares Thu May 20, 2010 8:47 pm

I guess so! If you still have that many people playing it, gotta still be good. I didn't like waiting around for the round to end. Ended up sitting around more than actually playing.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1586

Post by AzzDawg Mon May 24, 2010 6:52 am

I played CS in the 1.5 days before 1.6 came out. never really played 1.6 though so can't pass judgement.

Was fun, while it lasted. SHIT TONNES OF MAPS out there for it though. lol
    =TR=ArchieBunker*
    =TR=ArchieBunker*
    Corporal
    Corporal

Number of posts : 66
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by =TR=ArchieBunker* Fri May 06, 2011 9:27 am

im not sure ant but i will say this the anti cheat program sucked for those cs games i played counter strike source and good god there were alot of hackers running 50 mph for example
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1586

Post by AzzDawg Tue May 17, 2011 8:46 am

Yeah I heard the same thing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:03 am