West Coast Frag Shack - Clan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Time To Decide Fate of COD4 and COD5 Servers

Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 937
    Registration date : 2009-02-09

Time To Decide Fate of COD4 and COD5 Servers Empty Time To Decide Fate of COD4 and COD5 Servers

Post by Antares Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:57 pm

Gentleman,
    We're down to our last month of funds for the COD4 and COD5 servers. After this next month, we would need to kick in around $15 to keep both servers going for another month. We aren't really playing them much, obviously. Question is, what do we want to do with them?

There are a number of COD5 Bolt Rifle servers out there. Do we want to convert our Bolt Rifle server back to a regular server? I have been playing COD5 more lately, however mainly on regular servers. I'll get bored with it and pop onto Bolt servers for awhile. I was pleasently surprised to run into DirusWolf and Moon last night on HC Bolts.

As for the COD4 server, any thoughts on this? Convert it to COD5? Turn it off? Convert it to another game?

Thoughts and opinions are appreciated here. Thanks!
    turkeyslapper
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Number of posts : 560
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

Time To Decide Fate of COD4 and COD5 Servers Empty Re: Time To Decide Fate of COD4 and COD5 Servers

Post by turkeyslapper Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:45 am

I dont think I'll go back to either of them. if the bc2 hype is real (unlike a certain other game) then we'll probably all end up on that. i'd still be happy to chip in some moolah if needed
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Time To Decide Fate of COD4 and COD5 Servers Empty Re: Time To Decide Fate of COD4 and COD5 Servers

Post by Antares Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:18 pm

Thanks for the donation offer, but that won't be necessary. Unless we make it a point of getting the servers going on, it probably makes more sense just turning them off. There are plenty of Bolt rifles servers out there now and I'm sure we all agree that it gets REALLY tiring babysitting our own. I still enjoy the game but mainly with all weapons/perks available. Bolts are fun every now and then.
    I've heard whispers out there on the boards about how good the BC2 PC version will be, and if they may do a direct port over like IW did with MW2. If BC2 follows a similar path as MW2, I think its safe to say that PC gaming is on its death bed. Fact is, 90% of a game revenue comes from consoles. Hard to believe that PC gaming could go away, but things change in life. As soon as it become standard for games to support keyboard/mouse, which some games now do and I know game developers are moving towards, that will be the end of PC gaming, because that is one of the main things keeping many people like myself from converting to consoles. Personally I'm tired of dumping thousands of dollars into my PC every couple of years just to keep up with the Jones. PC gaming is too expensive.
    Shek
    Shek
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Number of posts : 627
    Registration date : 2009-02-16

Post by Shek Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:29 pm

Won't do that, a day after IW said they gave up on PC to satisfy the taste of consoles, DICE (game developer) released a statement saying they will have dedicated server support, a attack towards IW's MW2, they also said there would be Party Chat for consoles, again, rarely any Party Chat in MW2.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1586

Post by AzzDawg Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:22 am

Well thats good to hear that there are some game designers out there that will continue to keep gaming going...

I say turn them off Ant. Except for maybe the one you just got going again. Its just burning through the donated cash and we are going to need that moolah when BC2 comes out for a server... I will probably throw some money in again when it comes out (If like Shek said the hype is real for it)
    moon65
    1st Leuitenent
    1st Leuitenent

Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2009-03-05

Post by moon65 Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:07 am

I agree, or go all weapons on the 5 server.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:28 pm

I turned off the COD4 server because I had to make the decision yesterday because the servers renewed. I was a bit late but they were cool and credited us the $20 back to our account. I left the Bolt Rifles going which was probably a mistake. I'll reimburse the funds for that one.

We've had some traffic on the new server. In all its been good gameplay with the folks who have showed up. IT was good seeing Troopy pop on for awhile last night. I'll be playing more in the evenings now. I think I'm done with my sabbatical :-)

If you get bored with whatever else you're playing, you ought to check out the server. 8.6.3.57:28960 |WCFS|FragShack HC

It has the same RCON password. If you've forgotten it or would like it, PM me.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:47 pm

I have the new all weapons server scheduled to turn off on the 7th because of lack of interest. Should I schedule for the Bolt Rifle Only server to turn off as well? If so, that will leave us with enough funds to start a 32 man BC2 server for one month.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1586

Post by AzzDawg Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:29 pm

Yeah do it. I don't see us getting on it. At the moment I am a bit stretched for time but will hopefully be freeing some of that up soon.

I for one would like to give this BC2 a good run, I think it is going to be a top game and we will all be on that when it comes out...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:29 pm