West Coast Frag Shack - Clan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
turkeyslapper
kreika
AzzDawg
Antares
8 posters

[WCFS] TheFragShack <HC Ranked> is Live!

devilsNIGHT
    devilsNIGHT
    Private
    Private

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2009-05-25

[WCFS] TheFragShack <HC Ranked> is Live! - Page 2 Empty Re: [WCFS] TheFragShack <HC Ranked> is Live!

Post by devilsNIGHT Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:07 pm

Myself and T have ordered a 32p server that will be strictly rush mode, with most (if not all) the rush maps on it.

Just waiting on the activation - its currently delayed until EA okays new servers (they are fixing a bug atm with server browser lag, and instructed server providers to wait for their word to activate new servers).
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 937
    Registration date : 2009-02-09

[WCFS] TheFragShack <HC Ranked> is Live! - Page 2 Empty Re: [WCFS] TheFragShack <HC Ranked> is Live!

Post by Antares Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Since I'm a long time Gameservers customer and one who has put some money in their pockets, they chose to activate mine right away. I ordered the DM server after they put the hold on new servers and they pushed mine through anyways [WCFS] TheFragShack <HC Ranked> is Live! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

I would recommend running all the maps, there are only five and the ones you don't like could very well be liked by others. As more maps come out, then start pulling the ones out you don't like. But right now 5 ain't a whole lot. Its your choice and your server. Let me know if you have any questions. I participate on a few good forums in case you want to check those out.
    devilsNIGHT
    devilsNIGHT
    Private
    Private

Post by devilsNIGHT Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:07 pm

Yea, I haven't really found a map that I don't like. Once they decide to activate us, we'll hand out admin to you guys. There's too many spawn campers and idiots hanging around not to Wink.

We're def running hardcore though. First time I played hardcore was the last time I played normal mode Smile.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:18 pm

Just remember that until they get it fixed, you need to go in and reset HC and other settings that you want after the server has crashed/been rebooted from Gameservers. So in other words you need to monitor the server heavy because right now servers are rebooting and crashing least least 1-2 times a day. Sometimes they crash and don't get rebooted by GS. That seems to be the case with our DM server. Was full from 7:00 last night till 11:00 this morning, then crashed. Caught it quick and rebooted and most came back, which was cool.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1586

Post by AzzDawg Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:25 pm

Yeah, I hope they get the issues fixed soon. I wasn't expecting this many issues with the game...
    turkeyslapper
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Number of posts : 560
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

Post by turkeyslapper Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:38 am

I notice our dm server seems to be full of other clans. seems to me
    were paying for their pleasure. has there been any interest from noobs
    about joining us. i get my full internet back midnight tonight so will
    look at the admin stuff. i would love to have kicked a noob tuber last
    night
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:16 am

I myself couldn't care about the other clans on the servers. What I care about is our clan on the server. You're always going to have other clan members playing on other servers than their own. As long as they don't cause any problems I welcome the traffic.

So far nobody has come on the forums expressing interest in joining. I think it time as the traffic stablizes, we'll get more interest. Just takes a little time, game has been out a week and a few days.
    bigtroopy
    bigtroopy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 300
    Registration date : 2009-02-28

Post by bigtroopy Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:57 am

what time have you been getting on slapper, ive been on the last few nights from 4 till about 8.
    turkeyslapper
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Post by turkeyslapper Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:37 am

usually when i get home from work and from around 9 pm til stumps
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:55 am

I was on tonight from about 6.30is till a bit before 8 and saw probably 8 players. I just couldn't keep the one or two players that joined entertained enough till more people joined... Didn't see any of you guys???
    devilsNIGHT
    devilsNIGHT
    Private
    Private

Post by devilsNIGHT Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:58 am

EA is being gay, I'm mad at them, our server still isn't up.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:12 pm

Traffic on the DM server was slow to get going tonight. By the time I left last night at around 11:30 server was averaging 12 players or so. When I left Moon, Troopy, B_Rye and Scuba were on. I see that traffic dipped down after that but then shot back up and has been going strong since then. The server will crash any time because it can't seem to stay up longer than 24 hours.

The Conquest server has been pretty quiet lately. I know we're not playing it much but initially it seemed to attract traffic on its on. There are server browser ping issues which should be fixed with today's patch, hopefully. In my server browser in the All Servers menu, neither server displays a ping. However they do display pings on my Favorites menu. If this is the case with others, then that will definitely hurt our server traffic. I typically won't join a server if I don't know what the ping is.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:10 am

Tonight after the server crashed and I got it going again I joined to try to get it going again and one person joined. It was one vs one for about 30mins and he always knew exactly where on the map I was. I hit him up asking if he was hacking and he left instantly. His name was as follows:
    [HG]callmethe1

If he is seen back on the server please ban him immediately.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:19 am

I have figured out that there is a way to ban by name, so he is in the ban list.

If anybody else has any problems with hackers take their exact name and I will add them to the list.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:43 pm

Unless they have fixed it, the ban list gets cleared when the server is rebooted. So we'll need to keep an eye out to see if its working on not. Sounds like he was hacking. It baffles me on why people want to hack, whats the point of playing? You're not winning legit and where is the satisfaction of winning by cheating? Guess there are some pretty warped people out there.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:26 am

Yeah thats exactly right. They have no skill so they turn to another program to make themselves look good. I will check the ban list as often as I can.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:54 pm

I wouldn't bother with the ban list until they get it fixed. The server is rebooted pretty much every day and wipes out the ban list. I need to verify that this still hasn't been fixed. I know its a hot item on the fix list for them.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:34 pm

No but its easy enough to jot them all down in a word doc to add in at a later date.
    kreika
    kreika
    Corporal
    Corporal

Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2009-08-08

Post by kreika Sun May 30, 2010 10:59 pm

AzzDawg wrote:Well Kreika, The clan isn't just based on the West Coast anymore... Its really a worldwide clan (Or at least OZ-US)

What about |FS| or -FS-

How about WWFS World Wide Frag Shack
    turkeyslapper
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Post by turkeyslapper Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:18 am

and canada and korea
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:32 am

I dunno...

TFS I reckon
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:45 pm

Are you guys proposing we change our clan tags? I believe there is already a FS clan out there.

So what are we doing with this server? Renewal date is June 7th. Do we let it run one more month? I suspect there will be more maps with the next patch, however I don't think there will be many. Probably one for SQ DM at this point. I've heard that they've had a lot of problems with getting the patch to pass QA.
    turkeyslapper
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Post by turkeyslapper Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:38 am

i say turn it off till they release something meaningful
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:11 am

Release something meaningful in the sense of a new game or the patch? If you mean the patch, that should be out some time in the next week or so. I know they keep saying that but inevitably it will be released.

If you're reading this thread, I'd like your opinion on what to do with the server. Turn it off or leave it run for another month? The renewal date is June 7th. I am headed to Atlanta this weekend and will have limited access to these boards.

So whats the deal guys?
    turkeyslapper
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Post by turkeyslapper Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:52 pm

probably both, depends on our funds, do we want to pay for a server that sits empty, every time i check no ones on it. i'm downloading a new spy game alpha protocol so may be offline til i finish that

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:19 am