West Coast Frag Shack - Clan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Player Slots

Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 937
    Registration date : 2009-02-09

Player Slots Empty Player Slots

Post by Antares Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:12 pm

When I first started playing this game, I wondered if 16 players per team was going to be big enough for these huge maps. It turns out that now I wonder if 16 per team is too many, considering the excessive sniping going on in the game. Seems hard to get anywhere on a map without getting sniped. I'm now wondering if Conquest would be better played with say 12 per team?

Whadda ya think? I'm fine either way, just tossing out ideas for consideration.
    bigtroopy
    bigtroopy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 300
    Registration date : 2009-02-28

Player Slots Empty Re: Player Slots

Post by bigtroopy Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:23 am

Im fine either way aswell, we could try 12 and see, its hard to tell because of the big maps, saying that i dont think it will get rid of the snipers.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:47 pm

You're probably right. Might help a little but probably not much overall.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:32 pm

Not sure how the Conquest server got going but it filled up instantly. The DM server is still going strong too! Wow! Two full servers at once and not one WCFS member on either one. I think its the HC that is drawing people are I imagine many players out there are sick of shooting the shit out of someone and not killing them.

Is anyone having problems adding the servers to your favorites? If so, try going to your History tab and then clicking on the server and adding it that way. If you try it off the main server brower screen, it won't add to favorites.
    turkeyslapper
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Number of posts : 560
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

Post by turkeyslapper Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:53 am

16 a side is fine with me
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1586

Post by AzzDawg Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:00 am

I reckon try 12 per side...

We need to test these things to see what works best.

Also no problems at all with adding to faves.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:09 pm

I've been reading on the forums that there are a lot of long time Battlefield series fans who are upset that the game supports only 32 slots,compared to the traditional 64 slots. I don't agree on that position myself, as when I played BF2 a few years ago, it literally drove me nuts trying to get anywhere on the map without getting sniped. They had huge maps but so are some of the ones in BC2.

I'm going to start monitoring the 24-28 slot servers to see how traffiic is doing on them. Speaking of traffic, its good to see our servers full. I'm wondering if the new patch that was supposed to address some server browser ping issues has anything to do with it. It would good to wake up this morning and still see full servers. With MistahT's/DevilNight's server coming on line in any day now, that will provide another clan server that rounds our the game mode choices, aside from Squad Rush.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:08 am

They are both empty tonight. I dunno if its cause its mid week or what...

Was on with Scuba earlier and we sat in the 32player server for a fair while even moon came in and joined but nobody else... We ended up joining DM which was pretty much full the whole time.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:59 pm

The Conquest server crashed around 7:00 last night after it had been full for a day straight. The DM server was full for nearly 36 hours until it crashed at around 12:00 or so last night?

According to Gameservers, if you turn PB off on the server, it could help with the crashes. I don't like that idea but then again if you get someone on the server hacking, chances are PB isn't helping there anyways. This is a temporay solution.

This shit is really starting to piss me off. As you can see, once you get the servers full, they pretty much become perpetual. They'll run 24/7. Other people are experiencing the same shit, their server is full for a day or two, then it crashes. I hope they fix this crap soon.

Update - Managed to get the servers going again, they filled up but the Conquest server crashed at 6:00. So turning off PB didn't help. Its back on on that server and will be turned back on the DM server once that one crashes. It needs to be set on the Config tab on the Gameservers website.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:07 am

This is just getting ridiculous. Once we finally get some servers that have constant traffic there is server issues like this...

I think we will just have to keep trying.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:25 pm

Its good to see that these servers are filling up faster and faster after a crash. If/when they finally cure the crashing problems, these should go 24/7. Now we just need to get the Rush server going. Its MistahT's and Devil's server, I wonder if changing the name to be in line with the naming convention of the other two servers might help a bit? [WCFS] TheFragShack 24/7 Rush Just a thought, its your guys server and name it however you want.

If 4-5 of us popped on there in the evening, it should be enough to get it kick started. Perhaps it would take off at that point. Any thoughts?

MistahT and Devil, do you guys user GameTracker to monitor your server? I only see a few page views on here http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/8.6.8.14:19567/
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:30 am

I don't really check the Gametracker site...

If there is anything interesting on there I normally find out by you anyways.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:47 pm

I mainly use Gametracker as a means for checking the status of the servers while I'm out of the house, and also to see how the traffic has been over the past day/week./month etc. If the server is empty in the morning when I get up, I can use Gametracker to see if its empty because people lost interest and stopped playing, or if the server itself crashed. Other than that, not much else to do with it.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:06 am

Yeah, Its a good site.

Had some server problems tonight
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:03 pm

Yeah, I saw that this morning when I woke up. Looks like the DM server crashed around 1:00am or so. Thanks for resetting the settings. Overall it ran pretty long, it was full for like 2 days straight or something. It is now noon and has been full for the past hour or two. The Conquest server is also now full again. Lets see how long they last now. Its good to see people coming back and jumping on the servers by themselves without WCFS clanmates having to be on to jumpstart the servers again. Guess people like the servers.

I just read on the Gameservers forum that R8 has now been released for the servers and that it is supposed to fix a lot of crashing issues. I just installed it on the Conquest server after it crashed again this afternoon after it was full *sigh* Hopefully R8 will do the job. I'll install it on the DM server once that one is empty.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:17 am

Yeah. Both went down along with the Vent server.

I didn't need to reset the settings on the DM one but the other one I did. Dunno why.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:33 pm

Pretty strange on why some retain settings and others don't. They may be sticking when the server crashes and does a quick reboot, compared to going off line and requiring a full reboot. Unfortunately this morning after installing R8 the server filled up quickly and then crashed. I've since turned off PB on both servers now, I've gotten them both full and lets see how long they run. I was not able to turn Conquest server PB off on the Gameserver config panel but did turn it off on BC2 Guardian. It should take effect once the map rotates. I've updated the DM server to R8 so hopefully that will help. The Conquest server has also been updated, however its been mainly empty since then. Until they fill up again, we won't know if its fixed or not. I think people are coming back to the servers quicker and quicker because the longer they're running with peeps playing, the more and more radars they're getting on.

This is all getting old very quickly and quite frankly I just don't have the time to continue to babysit these servers in the day time. My job is suffering from the amount of distractions these servers create during the day. Its like WTF, I'm playing at 10:00am because the server crashed and I had to reset it and get on until enough peeps joined.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:25 am

Yeah. I would like to know when these issues are going to get fixed. Not good Ant. We understand your work comes first mate.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:58 pm

I do know from reading an article on another site that the hosting companies are starting to get really pissed off at EA because they're having to provide a lot more support for this game than anticipated, plus they're losing clients because people are getting fed up and turning off their servers.

The server hosting companies have been providing crash logs to EA to help them isolate the problems. Supposedly this is really helping a lot. I think we need to renew one more month but if this shit goes on for another 2-3 weeks, then I suggest we just turn them off. Mainly because in my opinion if they havent fixed it by then, chances are they are not capable of fixing the problems and this is the way things will be, which means the game will die a lot sooner than it should. If they could at least fix the issue of the servers maintaining their settings when rebooted, that wouldn't be quite so bad.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:13 am

I am sure they will fix it.

But i really hope it doesn't come to that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:18 pm