West Coast Frag Shack - Clan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
bigtroopy
turkeyslapper
Antares
7 posters

Whose Buying BC2?

Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 937
    Registration date : 2009-02-09

Whose Buying BC2? Empty Whose Buying BC2?

Post by Antares Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:50 am

I'd like to see a show of hands of who is buying this game. I for one am still on the fence about it, but need to play the beta more I must confess. My biggest questions are (1) will my current computer effectively play the game? (2) Do I like the game enough to go out and dump $1500 into another build? I get the feeling my current computer is going struggle with this game.

I've posted this before but saw limited response, just a few of you commented. Being that this is a team game, we have to have twice the slots, which means twice the cost. Right now the slots are $1.24 each, a 32 player server is around $40 a month. In order for us to run server, we'll need to have commitments from people on small donations. We don't need to see big whopping donations like before, but people need to be willing to chip in . I for one and I don't expect anyone else either to pay the whole server fee out of their own pocket. It gets expensive after awhile.

We can either have our own server, or play on other peeps servers and have our own ventrilo. I'd like to hear your thoughts.
    turkeyslapper
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Number of posts : 560
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

Whose Buying BC2? Empty Re: Whose Buying BC2?

Post by turkeyslapper Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:40 am

im definitly getting it (already paid) we coulod start on other servers to see if we can generate numbers within the clan if we can, go our own new server. donations not a problem
    bigtroopy
    bigtroopy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 300
    Registration date : 2009-02-28

Post by bigtroopy Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:36 am

Im the same as slapper, well not the same im better lol,just waiting for 2nd march for the release, ive pre orderd it.
    turkeyslapper
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Number of posts : 560
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

Post by turkeyslapper Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:01 am

only in your mind big boy
    moon65
    1st Leuitenent
    1st Leuitenent

Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2009-03-05

Post by moon65 Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:21 am

I will be buying it.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1586

Post by AzzDawg Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:51 am

I already have it pre-ordered too. I would like to see majority of the current active members move to BC2 as well... It is a great team based game and i feel a bit of teamwork is what will push this clan farther.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:46 pm

Thanks for your feedback. Hopefully a few other people will chime in as well. We have enough funds right now to start a server for one month. After that we'll need to start building the account. I for one will chip in too. If we are going to start a server, then its critical that we have a server on Day 1. Because that is when most of the people will get into the game and will begin building their Favorites. Obviously the key is to create consistent traffic and if there are 4-5 of us committed, we can build that server up. Dawg, Troop and Slapper can be recruiting the middle of the night crowd that can generate traffic in the morning time west coast time. And if there are at least 3-4 of us in the U.S. in the beginning, we should be able to get peeps on.

I'll start doing some homework on how the configs worked for Battlefield 2. Once I figure this crap out, I'd like to do a Vent session with you guys to teach you how to do the basic shit. I'm not going to always be around and you dudes need to know how to control the server. When I'm not around, I'll probably camp the server a lot to help with server traffic.

Considering that this is the only new game coming out soon, with the other interesting games coming out in the mid-late summer and fall, guess its either BC2 or nothing. MW2 will die soon and traffic is getting thinner and thinner on COD5 every day.
    Shek
    Shek
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Number of posts : 627
    Registration date : 2009-02-16

Post by Shek Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:45 am

<.<..........................................................
    >.>..........................................................
    10 fucking hours...................

I hate UPS, no wonder why they are brown and proud.....I want my god damn battlefield, this town isn't that fucking big.

What sucks is times are never in a tight window with UPS, get shit at like 10 am, others in the afternoon, got MW2 at like 7:30, Battlefield takes the cake as the longest game/item I've ordered to get here to date........

Edit: Won't get till tomorrow, paid for released date deliv....I will make that brown truck even more brown once I take a giant fucking shit all over it.

Last edited by Shek on Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I hate UPS.)
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:31 am

Shek wrote:I will make that brown truck even more brown once I take a giant fucking shit all over it.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

You made me laugh so hard and loud.

I won't get it till tomorrow after work... like 4pm
    Shek
    Shek
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Number of posts : 627
    Registration date : 2009-02-16

Post by Shek Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:59 pm

Lawl, it came last night @ like 10:30, nice UPS says delayed, but amazon says porch, I also like how they deliver the flowers my dad ordered for my mom's b-day yesterday @ 10:30 as well, nice job UPS.
    kreika
    kreika
    Corporal
    Corporal

Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2009-08-08

Post by kreika Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:38 am

Shek wrote:<.<..........................................................
    >.>..........................................................
    10 fucking hours...................
    Hey easy on the brown there buddy.I wear that monkey suit.They have been cutting back on vehicles on road.Which means more work for the drivers.Cheapo managment.

I hate UPS, no wonder why they are brown and proud.....I want my god damn battlefield, this town isn't that fucking big.

What sucks is times are never in a tight window with UPS, get shit at like 10 am, others in the afternoon, got MW2 at like 7:30, Battlefield takes the cake as the longest game/item I've ordered to get here to date........

Edit: Won't get till tomorrow, paid for released date deliv....I will make that brown truck even more brown once I take a giant fucking shit all over it.
    kreika
    kreika
    Corporal
    Corporal

Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2009-08-08

Post by kreika Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:42 am

I bought it at gamespot yesterday.Takes alot of shots to take people out.Pretty fun.All of my delivery customers get there packages before 3:30 pm.To bad you guys don't live in Scotts Valley.I could hook you up.Lol Better luck next time.At least they didn't stomp on the flowers.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:21 am

Lol. You guys crack me up....
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:37 am

Interesting that they've already dropped the price $10 for the PC version of this game *hmmmm* http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-Bad-Company-2-Pc/dp/B002NIP2SM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1268886930&sr=8-2
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:13 am

Doesn't really surprise me.

They need as big a player base as they can get now since people are moving to BC2 for dedicated servers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 10:09 am