West Coast Frag Shack - Clan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

M1 Garand

kreika
    kreika
    Corporal
    Corporal

Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2009-08-08

M1 Garand Empty M1 Garand

Post by kreika Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi Guys,

I got EA to unlock my M1 Garand by emailing a request. I checked the forums and saw if you played Battlefield Heroes it would give you veterancy. It wasn't highlighted after I played so I emailed them, it went back and forth and eventually they unlocked BF 1943(for free never had the game) it gave me Veterancy 2. Which allows M1 Garand play. If everybody had one we could start a single shot server again. Lol. Is the server up and running? What is it's IP adress please?

Take care,

kreika
    turkeyslapper
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Number of posts : 560
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

M1 Garand Empty Re: M1 Garand

Post by turkeyslapper Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:02 am

server is dead and buried due to lack of interest, garand is still semi auto though,. good to hear from you
    kreika
    kreika
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by kreika Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:34 am

Hey Slapper,

Good to hear from you also. She is dead? No good! That's right the M1 is semi auto. Doh. It'd still be fun a bunch of basic riflelers going crazy to show better skills. Plus you get to lob C4 around. Playing some BFBC2 today was getting sniped by the Neostead 2000 from across the map. Why must they hack? Lol.
    turkeyslapper
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Number of posts : 560
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

Post by turkeyslapper Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:14 pm

its not a hack, its using the the better ammo which gives extra distance and magnum rounds for power. the 870 does the same (now my weapon of choice) having said that yes it is bullshit to get sniped from 200 mtrs away with a shotty. The m1 is actually a powerful riflw in bc2 , especially close up its nearly a 1 shot kill
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 937
    Registration date : 2009-02-09

Post by Antares Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:28 pm

Yup, server has been down for about a month now. Game got too boring with four maps and 70% of the players sniping. Just waiting on MOH and Black Ops to come out. Got about 10 weeks to go for MOH, and November for Black Ops.

I actually haven't been gaming lately. Been focusing on other stuff in my life lately. All is well.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1586

Post by AzzDawg Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:11 am

I have played Metro in singleplayer and just about finished Starcraft 2. but have not been gaming online. Will wait for another game that has some interest.

All is well here too guys. Hope to play agian soon
    kreika
    kreika
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by kreika Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:39 am

Antares wrote:Yup, server has been down for about a month now. Game got too boring with four maps and 70% of the players sniping. Just waiting on MOH and Black Ops to come out. Got about 10 weeks to go for MOH, and November for Black Ops.

I actually haven't been gaming lately. Been focusing on other stuff in my life lately. All is well.

Hey Antares,

Were you getting much traffic on the server before you pulled the plug? Did you shut it down because of the snipers? Was there a lot of blatant hacking going on the server? There's always somebody hacking on any server, punkbuster or not. Hope they give us a game more like COD4-5 style. I liked that style server action. It seemed more fun and personable. MW2 and BFBC2 ain't got it.

Regards,

kreika
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 937

Post by Antares Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:52 pm

Ever since they put out that one major patch, R10 or something, the server traffic went from 24/7 to nothing. Literally killed it with the flick of a switch. Weirdest thing really.

It was mainly killed due to lack of traffic and it being difficult to get traffic on it. Plus the lack of maps for SQ DM, only four maps and they eventually got boring. Those were the main reasons it got turned off. The sniping was annoying but not enough for me to give up on a game.

The server style action you crave will probably be available in Black Ops. I anticipate that will be a much better game than the new MOH coming out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:23 am