West Coast Frag Shack - Clan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Monthly Cost of Our Website and Ventrilo

Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 937
    Registration date : 2009-02-09

Monthly Cost of Our Website and Ventrilo Empty Monthly Cost of Our Website and Ventrilo

Post by Antares Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:17 pm

Gentleman -

As most of you know I'm now unemployed and having to watch my budget. Some of you may not be aware that running our website/maintaining the www.westcoastfragshack.com domain and Ventrilo server costs me $15 a month to maintain. The overall amount of activity on these forums has decreased enough to the point the I question continuing to fork out the dough to keep this going. I imagine that some of you are also a bit tight on having expendable cash.

The three month for renewal for the domain is coming up shortly, along with the month Vent cost. Do we have other alternatives for hosting this forum for free? If not, I'd like to request some donations if we're interested in keeping this going.

bigtroopy
    bigtroopy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 300
    Registration date : 2009-02-28

Monthly Cost of Our Website and Ventrilo Empty Re: Monthly Cost of Our Website and Ventrilo

Post by bigtroopy Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:41 am

I will donate, can you send me or post link to donate, thnks ant.
    moon65
    1st Leuitenent
    1st Leuitenent

Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2009-03-05

Monthly Cost of Our Website and Ventrilo Empty Re: Monthly Cost of Our Website and Ventrilo

Post by moon65 Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:40 am

I just donated $100.00. That should hold us a little while. We need to set up a date for us to get together on vent. Take care guys.

moon
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:25 pm

Hi Moon!

Thank you for the donation, I received the notification I think yesterday. I always appreciate your guys generosity with large donations, but as I always say, smaller amounts are probably better. I've gone ahead and ordered a Black Ops server for 18 player slots. I think that is the most slots you can order. In fact I think it might be the only amount of slots, as there weren't any other choices.

The FEAR server is scheduled to turn off on the 7th. One reason why I had that server going was to be able to maintain our Vent server, as Gameservers typically requires a rented server in order to provide the Vent server at below market value.

I'm going to make some comments in the Black Ops section regarding getting this server going and how we want to approach admining it.

Moon/Craig, thanks again! I and the clan TOTALLY appreciate it.
    bigtroopy
    bigtroopy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 300
    Registration date : 2009-02-28

Post by bigtroopy Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:22 pm

Ill also chuck some more in tomorrrow,being monday just to help kick it along for longer.r
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:40 pm

Hold off on that for now ok? Thanks! Lets figure out how we want to distribute the funds for the various costs of any servers we host, the Vent server, and the website.

Moon mentioned having a Vent reunion. You guys want to set a date and time that we can all get on? I'm pretty flexible as I'm not working right now. What works best for Troop and Slapper and Moon? Dawg, you still around? What time would work for you? ScubaGuy, whats up, you still reading these forums? Looking at the Memberslist tab, there are peeps still checking this place out.
    moon65
    1st Leuitenent
    1st Leuitenent

Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2009-03-05

Post by moon65 Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:25 am

Any time after 7pm is fine for me up to 1am. Work is slow again, so I am not a stretched for time as I was earlier this year.
    turkeyslapper
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Number of posts : 560
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

Post by turkeyslapper Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:29 pm

hey happy to chat to you guys , i think i just forget to turn it on as i had so many problems with it
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:04 pm

Are you talking about Vent or your wife? Razz
    turkeyslapper
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Number of posts : 560
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

Post by turkeyslapper Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:55 pm

turn the wife on? the only time that happens is when i open my wallet
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1586

Post by AzzDawg Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:18 am

turkeyslapper wrote:turn the wife on? the only time that happens is when i open my wallet

Haha.. I always get a laugh from you Slapper.

Yes I am still around guys. Very sorry I havent been on in a while. I caught up with Troopy in vent a couple months ago, but shall jump on again to try and catch you guys.

I just had to dig up the vent details from deep deep in the back of my memory. There will be a few failed logins int he log Ant.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content