West Coast Frag Shack - Clan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
turkeyslapper
bigtroopy
Antares
7 posters

Are We Putting Up a Black Ops Server?

Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 937
    Registration date : 2009-02-09

Are We Putting Up a Black Ops Server? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are We Putting Up a Black Ops Server?

Post by Antares Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:15 pm

One thing is for certain, sniping fests don't seem to be a problem in this game. I've rarely ever been killed by a sniper. Also, campers are around but it doesn't seem to be as much of a problem, at least yet.

The more I play and understand the game, the more I like it. That RC car is totally fun to use, I always get at least 1-2 kills with it.

Don't waste your time with the Napalm strike killstreak. I think I've gotten like 2-3 people with it. I changed my killsteaks to the RC car, the helicopter attack, and the helicopter door gunner. Thinking about sacrificing the RC car streak for the Mortar Strike, that seems to work pretty well, at least in peeps getting me with it.

I'm looking forward to the DLC for this game which Treyarch states will be pretty robust. Treyarch did a good job of supporting World at War (for the most part) so I'm thinking that they will probably support this one pretty well too. I noticed last night that the server browser was working much better than before.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Are We Putting Up a Black Ops Server? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are We Putting Up a Black Ops Server?

Post by Antares Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:18 pm

One thing is for certain, sniping fests don't seem to be a problem in this game. I've rarely ever been killed by a sniper. Also, campers are around but it doesn't seem to be as much of a problem, at least yet.

The more I play and understand the game, the more I like it. That RC car is totally fun to use, I always get at least 1-2 kills with it.

Don't waste your time with the Napalm strike killstreak. I think I've gotten like 2-3 people with it. I changed my killsteaks to the RC car, the helicopter attack, and the helicopter door gunner. Thinking about sacrificing the RC car streak for the Mortar Strike, that seems to work pretty well, at least in peeps getting me with it.

I'm looking forward to the DLC for this game which Treyarch states will be pretty robust. Treyarch did a good job of supporting World at War (for the most part) so I'm thinking that they will probably support this one pretty well too. I noticed last night that the server browser was working much better than before.
    Shek
    Shek
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Number of posts : 627
    Registration date : 2009-02-16

Post by Shek Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:19 am

Try hardline Pro when you unlock it, pro allows you to have a second chance at getting a different killstreak from a care package.

I found a flaw in it, not sure if it is one, the whole chance thing is 100%, it'll switch, and second, you can use it with any killstreak that drops a package, not just cares. So if you use Sam Turret/Care Package/Sentry Gun...........thats 3 packages to mess with.

I should go through my recent games and find the one match when I first did this and won the match by luck, normally I hate luck base shit, but since everyone camps, Sniping sucks, game still has noob tunes/last stand, I'll abuse the fuck out of it till it gets nerf *if it does*.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:34 am

In the FFA matches, so far I haven't seen a problem with excessive sniping. I've been sniped few times really.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:18 am

Server is on hold until we talk more about this. Right now Treyarch has locked down controls on ranked servers, you can't control the map cycle, you can't control how long a map lasts, number of player slots, can't control really anything other than server name, game type, excluding a map from the rotation, kicking people. Thats about it. One ting

Unranked servers are like modded servers where you can control everything, like we did with the World at War server. However a lot of the controls for unranked servers are still broken, for now. I imagine they'll be fixed soon.

Right now people are also wanting to rank up, however as time goes on, I think more and more will migrate to the unranked servers due to far more customization. In particular player slots and the map cycle and how long maps last. Right now with 18 players on a ranked server, seems like the maps barely last 5 minutes, which I think is a bit short. I also think that witht he current size maps, 18 players is almost too much.

Thoughts????
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1586

Post by AzzDawg Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:12 pm

I agree with the current map times and the 18 players.

A few times it was just a nade fest. there is a map with houses in a suburb type setting and it was literally just trying to sneak forward and avoid as many nades as you could...
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:31 pm

That map is called Nuketown. I heard it was designed more as a gimic map than anything. Thats the one with the school bus, suburban neighbor setting. Sort of like the the map Dome for Black Ops. Purely just a blood fest. I imagine that map could be fun with say 5-6 people on it.

I'm not sure I see a point of putting up a ranked server, considering that server wise, there are over 11,000 servers currently running. Aside from having your clan name on a ranked server, there is nothing else you can do with it. Might as well go play on any other ranked server, they're all the same, just different names.

I'm going to look more into the unranked servers and see what else I can learn. Just wanted to update you all on where things are at with the server. I didn't want to just flip a switch and pronto, we have a server.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:58 pm