West Coast Frag Shack - Clan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

another fail

turkeyslapper
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Number of posts : 560
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

another fail Empty another fail

Post by turkeyslapper Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:16 am

lasted 1 game, first death from a noob with last stand which i found out is normal for a level 1 to have by default , next death by a dolphin diving nub, third death by a bunny hopping slime ball. laggy server crap sway on the weapon, what can isay just another cod fail, will i try it again? sure, why not gives me something to rant about
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 937
    Registration date : 2009-02-09

another fail Empty Re: another fail

Post by Antares Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:53 am

I've been reading the BO forums and there is definitely some rants coming up about the overall quality. The lag is to be expected on launch day and should stablize in the next few days.

What do you think of the graphics and weapon sounds? Peeps seem to be disappointed there. Are the graphics at least as good as World at War? I'm picking the game up at 10:00am tomorrow.

How does this game compare to MOH? Could we end up playing that more?

In all honesty I'm not surprised if this turns out to be another turd. I think it was overhyped and over-marketed and once again Activision will get filthy rich from the selling substandard game and will laugh all the way to the bank, just as they did with MW2.
    turkeyslapper
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Post by turkeyslapper Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:26 am

unsure if the lag is attributed to aus servers actually located in the states. the lowest ping aus server this morning was 218, didnt really take much notice of sounds and graphics cos i was too busy raging. it took 5 mins before i could even get into a server. I'm bored with MOH hence i forked out for this one. i dont know maybe I'll lighten up, i didnt like bc2 at first. you know what if i had my world at war cd I'd go back to bolt rifle servers, at least you needed some skill.
    Scubaguy
    Scubaguy
    Captain
    Captain

Number of posts : 154
    Registration date : 2009-05-30

Post by Scubaguy Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:01 am

Installing as I type this.
    turkeyslapper
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Post by turkeyslapper Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:42 pm

AND??????
    turkeyslapper
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Post by turkeyslapper Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:44 pm

past 2 hours multiple outages and drop outs would have thought these dicks would get it right after all these years. silly me they're game developers who couldnt give toss about you and me
    Scubaguy
    Scubaguy
    Captain
    Captain

Number of posts : 154
    Registration date : 2009-05-30

Post by Scubaguy Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:30 pm

You are so true....
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 937

Post by Antares Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:03 pm

I think the servers will settle in the next day or two after the dust settles. I didn't have much problem at all with lag last night.

I can't for the life of me figure out why Treyarch would in some ways take a step back in their FPS development. The sound in this game is simply an EPIC FAILURE. Honestly, I haven't heard worst guns and game sound since Half Life. If you think about it, the sounds of the guns and explosions in this game sound like they were taken from Half Life. Its amazing at how shitty it really sounds. I thought World at War gun sounds were bad. I'd take those any day over these.

This game has potential and I must confess that the more I played it and got accustomed to what works and doesn't, I enjoyed it more. But I am big on game sounds and I couldn't be more disapppointed here.

The game sounds in MOH is like comparing a shitty handheld AM radio to a high end $10k stereo system. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how a company could so fail so badly in that department.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1586

Post by AzzDawg Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:18 am

Antares wrote:I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how a company could so fail so badly in that department.

As we all are, and will be for a long time yet...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:03 am