West Coast Frag Shack - Clan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
AzzDawg
turkeyslapper
Antares
7 posters

BC2 Clan Server

Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 937
    Registration date : 2009-02-09

BC2 Clan Server - Page 2 Empty Re: BC2 Clan Server

Post by Antares Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:33 pm

Ok, this is good discussion here guys. I really don't know how to set up the point system for the maps. So you're saying that 80 team points would translate into about how long of map time? I think 15 minute or so maps would be good, but not sure how to achieve that with the points settings. I can set the time limit of the map and set the points limit of the map. Or we can make this simple and just base the map time on the time itself, not setting any points limit. Might be easier to control how long we play a map?

Regarding the server name, you think WestCoastFragShack would be ideal? You don't want to put a space between WestCoast and FragShack? Like, WestCoast FragShack. No WCFS in there? |WCFS|WestCoastFragShack I'm open to ideas.

One other question - I'm assuming we want to make it hardcore?

Last edited by Antares on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    moon65
    1st Leuitenent
    1st Leuitenent

Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2009-03-05

Post by moon65 Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:44 pm

putting [WCFS] at the beginning gives quick recognition, no? As for the hardcore, all the EA games I've played in the past suffer from seriously underpowered weapons. I here this one is the same way. If we can tweek the health lower it would be a good thing I think, and I'll bet it will attract people who dont want to take a clip of ammo to kill someone.

moon
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1586

Post by AzzDawg Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:42 am

Antares wrote:Ok, this is good discussion here guys. I really don't know how to set up the point system for the maps. So you're saying that 80 team points would translate into about how long of map time? I think 15 minute or so maps would be good, but not sure how to achieve that with the points settings. I can set the time limit of the map and set the points limit of the map. Or we can make this simple and just base the map time on the time itself, not setting any points limit. Might be easier to control how long we play a map?

Regarding the server name, you think WestCoastFragShack would be ideal? You don't want to put a space between WestCoast and FragShack? Like, WestCoast FragShack. No WCFS in there? |WCFS|WestCoastFragShack I'm open to ideas.

One other question - I'm assuming we want to make it hardcore?

Well its hard to say with that Antares. It depends on how well the people on your team play. I mean it takes a ticket for a person to respawn. So basically thats 80 respawns. Thats enough to take the objective. (I am fairly sure it resets to 80 once you take each checkpoint...

Deffo want to make it hardcore. And increase the weapon damage if thats possible. Maybe not so much reduce health but boost infantry damage, the vehicles are already way powerful enough...

I guess we could try these things. I reckon we try with 80 tickets first and see how that goes... If thats not working out good enough then we apply a time limit?

And I reckon JUST WestCoastFragShack. If we put the |WCFS| in front then thats basically just saying the same thing twice... you can gather that we are going to be WCFS'ers by the capitols in the name....
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 937

Post by Antares Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:44 pm

Just so that I'm understanding this 'ticket' thing correctly, a team starts out with say 80 tickets, and every time someone gets killed and spawns in, one ticket is deducted? These tickets will continue to be deducted until a team achieves an objective? So if a team does not achieve an objective, then those 80 tickets will run out and the game is over?

You guys have played this game (beta) A LOT more than me. I assume you were on servers that were full at times? Did the other team ever run out of tickets? If so, about how long do you think that took? I'm just trying to make sure that I set this thing up correctly from the get-go so people don't come on and have a bad experience and think that we're a dumbshit clan who can't set up a server correctly.

My understanding is that the RCON tool will not be available for this game until the first day patch is available. Again, this is a new tool and I believe the RCON commands for this game are different. I will educate myself and will provide detailed instructions for you all. My understanding from Gameservers.com is that they will have a form of RCON administration available through the website. If necessary, I will set up accounts for you guys to access. I also believe that we can access RCON directly through the game as we did with COD. Again, the commands are a bit different if I understood correctly. I will post a list of the RCON commands as soon as I can.

@ our good friends 'Down Under'....setting up the RCON resource is especially important for you guys since you're playing at a different time. Please understand that I'm making this a priorty since I'll probably be sawing logs when you guys need to control the server.

Game plan for me - I have a meeting tomorrow at 10:00am now, I will then hit up Best Buy around noon to pick up my copy. The server should be turned on in the morning and I will be doing what I can with the configuration. Either way the server should be live in the morning. Any suggestions for the configuration are welcome.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1586

Post by AzzDawg Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:49 am

Antares wrote:Just so that I'm understanding this 'ticket' thing correctly, a team starts out with say 80 tickets, and every time someone gets killed and spawns in, one ticket is deducted? These tickets will continue to be deducted until a team achieves an objective? So if a team does not achieve an objective, then those 80 tickets will run out and the game is over?

That is correct Ant. Yes both teams can lose through tickets. The attacking team in Rush has to take the first area (Destroy N-Com stations A and B) with the set ticket amount whilst the defending team has unlimited tickets to defend with. Once the Attackers have taken the N-Com stations then the defenders withdraw to the next area and the attackers push to take the next area...
    mafiafran
    Private
    Private

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2010-10-03

Post by mafiafran Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:34 am

Ill also have no props chipping in.

homemade sex
    strap on sex toy

Sponsored content