West Coast Frag Shack - Clan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

New Map Added to Conquest Map Rotation

Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 937
    Registration date : 2009-02-09

New Map Added to Conquest Map Rotation Empty New Map Added to Conquest Map Rotation

Post by Antares Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:18 pm

Two maps were released today for the Conquest and Rush modes. They aren't new maps but new for the game modes. Conquest game mode map is Arica Harbor.
    bigtroopy
    bigtroopy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 300
    Registration date : 2009-02-28

New Map Added to Conquest Map Rotation Empty Re: New Map Added to Conquest Map Rotation

Post by bigtroopy Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:05 am

Well thats a start, still dont know why they cant rotate all maps through all modes.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1586

New Map Added to Conquest Map Rotation Empty Re: New Map Added to Conquest Map Rotation

Post by AzzDawg Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:50 am

I agree with Troopy.

We desperately need new maps.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:16 pm

All the maps would need to be first converted to support the particular modes. As with SQ DM, you'd need to section off a part of the map and relocate the spawn points and tank. I'm sure there is a bit more to do there. As with the Rush maps, for Conquest you'd need to scale the map down a bit and create the control points and also relocate the bases and spawn points. My understanding is that the Rush maps when fully opened are larger than the Conquest maps? Can anyone vouce for that?

So in all, it takes effort on their behalf to develop one map to support three different games types. No small feat really, which is why they haven't gotten around to doing that. I suspect that that is definitely one of Dice's goal in providing additional content for the game. Unfortunately the major issues like server crashes and other issues with the game will probably slow the new map delivery process down. HOWEVER, I did hear that part of the game install already includes some/all of these maps, which is why you didn't have to download the latest maps for Rush and Conquest. They just need to activate the maps which they will eventually do in order to continue to dribble shit out to the community to keep them happy for awhile.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:41 am

When will custom maps be a possibility if ever?
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:07 pm

The community is asking for map tools, perhaps some will eventually come out. Hard to say at this point. I try to remind myself every now and then that a lot of what I would like to see will probably eventually be available, however we are only barely 5 weeks into the game. I think that once the real issues get resolved with the game, other things like map tools and more control over the server settings will be made available.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:33 am

Yeah you are probably right.

I am just hanging out for some real maps.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:11 am