West Coast Frag Shack - Clan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Conquest Server (Keep it Going or Turn it Off?)

Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 937
    Registration date : 2009-02-09

Conquest Server (Keep it Going or Turn it Off?) Empty Conquest Server (Keep it Going or Turn it Off?)

Post by Antares Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:48 pm

We're approaching the renewal date for our servers. The Conquest server has had bouts of success, however the constant crashing makes maintaining consistent traffic too challenging at this point. It doesn't seem like the server can go more and 12-24 hours without crashing. However I'm told that they're getting close to fixing the crashing issues. Interesting that the DM server ran for I think 4 days straights until it finally crashed. It may have to do with the overall number of players on a server. 32 slot severs tend to crash more.

Even when there is a traffic on the Conquest server, aside from Kreika, it doesn't seem like any of us play that game mode, or at least play it very much? Am I wrong here? Perhaps I'm in bed by then.

So in the next few days, we should decide if we want to give the server another month, or either turn it off or convert it to another Squad Deathmatch server? Its $40 a month to run the Conquest server. I'm not going to voice my opinion here because its more about the clan and not my personal interest. I'm fine either way.

I see that many clan members login to these forums, however most of you don't seem to comment much on the ongoing threads. Please do weigh your opinion in here. Thanks!!!
    turkeyslapper
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Number of posts : 560
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

Conquest Server (Keep it Going or Turn it Off?) Empty Re: Conquest Server (Keep it Going or Turn it Off?)

Post by turkeyslapper Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:47 am

i like a mixture. shame it cant run both cq and rush. mistah T's rush server doesnt seem to get much traffic so there is no simple answer. if wejust keep the dm server we can't guarantee that we can get on
    bigtroopy
    bigtroopy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 300
    Registration date : 2009-02-28

Conquest Server (Keep it Going or Turn it Off?) Empty Re: Conquest Server (Keep it Going or Turn it Off?)

Post by bigtroopy Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:02 am

I myself like dm better,but i think theprob is that once there are 2 clan members on dm we all follow, i dont think there are enough of us to play both atm, or one way is once we are all on vent make the dicision to go across for a few game's. Also i will donate in the next couple of days to help keep it running.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:58 am

From what I hear, you can run a mixture of Conquest and Rush, however I think you have to have the RCON tool open all the time in order for it to work. There has been rumors of things being fixed to allow servers to run both modes.

Eventually they'll get the reserved slots working and we'll be able to reserve some spots for us. Lots of peeps have been complaining about that on the boards.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1586

Post by AzzDawg Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:53 am

Well good. Maybe they will do something about it.

I really hope they do fix the reserved slots.

Also I think that we just need to put up with the Conquest server for a while to get it going. If we expand into our conquest server as well I think we may meet more people to recruit. And then it will be easier overall to run both servers.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:11 pm

My belief is that they will eventually stablize the server crash situation and once the server gets going, if it can run for a good 3-4+ days straight, it will become self-stainable in generating its own traffic. The one positive we have going for both servers is our choice to run them in HC. Most of the servers out there are standard and eventually more and more people will tire of the 50 bullets required to kill someone and will start looking for HC servers.

I talked to this dude named Vyro on the DM server yesterday for awhile, he was the only one on it for awhile. He's located in Iowa and I asked him why he was hanging around so long without any other players and he said - 'its really hard finding SQ DM servers out there running HC.'

I sometimes wonder if we should change the server names a bit to replace with Any thoughts on this?
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1586

Post by AzzDawg Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:45 am

Nope. I say leave it as it is. We already have a largish player base, As long as we keep them around then we should be good.

If we keep changing the names then the regulars will be wondering what our deal is, Why do we keep changing them. I say we have a good naming scheme as it is anyways...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:21 pm