West Coast Frag Shack - Clan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

New BC2 Patch Next Week - Change Log

Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 937
    Registration date : 2009-02-09

New BC2 Patch Next Week - Change Log Empty New BC2 Patch Next Week - Change Log

Post by Antares Fri May 07, 2010 1:54 pm

Now this is the type of patch we want to see happen. They have fixed a lot of stuff and given a lot more control to server admins, like being able to adjust the idle kick time. So we will be able to camp the server as well as set up reserved slots. They are also fixing some Play Now stuff which is what a lot of people including myself thinks what killed a lot of server traffic. They had changed the Play Now option button in the last patch. Maybe this will help get server traffic back. I played for over two hours last night, once with Slapper and once with someone else and NO ONE joined during that time. How sad!

Question - It appears that we will now have an option to remove Tanks. Is this something we would want to consider doing? It could either help or hurt the server. Would want to advertize No Tanks in the Server Name, especially since the new patch will expand the number of character spaces in the server name.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I've set the server up now to play the maps only 1 round a piece.

Here is the Change Log for the next patch. Now if only they will unlock some more maps. This patch is large in size, 500MB. So plan some download time.

Changelog:

Server – Some potential sources for lag/rubberbanding have been eliminated

Server – The old reserved slots has been replaced by a kick-on-demand system like in BF2

Server – Log file for server admins: all remote admin interface commands/events are logged

Server – Log file for server admins: major server events + all chat messages are logged

Server – Idle kick is controllable

Server – Profanity filter can be disabled

Server – Teamkill-kick system is controllable

Server – Ticket counts and bleed rate are controllable per-level

Server – Infantry only mode available per-level

Server – Initial spawn delay and respawn delay are adjustable

Server – Server description can be up to 400 characters, and use “|” for line breaks

Server – Banlist can contain up to 10.000 entries

Server – reduced latency in packet handling

Admin Interface – fixed the player.onKill spam that occasionally happened

Admin Interface – ensured that player.onJoin events always report the player name

Admin Interface – events triggered when people spawn

Admin Interface – much more info on kills

Admin Interface – detailed stats are reported at end-of-round

Gameplay – Various minor level bugfixes

Gameplay – Helicopter handling has been tweaked

Gameplay – Weapon tweaks have been implemented based on PC public feedback

Gameplay – Fixed technical hang when a crate was armed outside of the combat area

Gameplay – “Victory is near” message was shown for the wrong team on Valparaíso, this has been fixed

Gameplay – Countermeasures can be fired when driving a helicopter

Gameplay – The brightness of the pilot view in the Russian helicopter has been reduced

Gameplay – Advanced Spotting scope works better

Gameplay – Knifing people in the back works again (we backed out the change that we had done for Server R11)

Server Browser – Servers are sorted into 3 categories: Normal, Modified, Hardcore depending on their settings

Server Browser – Added support for retrieving update progress

Server Browser – Now refreshes information

Server Browser – Join queue system when attempting to join a full server

Server Browser – all settings are automatically saved between sessions

Server Browser – Pings are sent via an alternate mechanism, which should work for non-Administrator users as well

Client – Fixed DX9 issue, which likely caused graphics glitches and perhaps crashes

Client – Fixed some crashes

Client – Toggle/hold crouch is user controllable

Client – Toggle/hold zoom is user controllable

Client – Vsync bugfixed for DX10/DX11

Client – Rewritten how settings are written to disk; this should reduce/eliminate the spawn lag

Client – Fixed bug where a player could join a server before the stats has been downloaded causing faulty stats in “EOR- unlock progression”-screen

Client – New chat system allows chatting when dead (but not during end of round) and keeps a 100 lines log

Client – Improved Play Now functionality

Client – Removed K/D ratio and Skill Level filters in the leaderboards

Client – Any points you get while being dead will be added to your score

Client – Reduced negative mouse acceleration

Client – More informative disconnection/kick reasons
    bigtroopy
    bigtroopy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 300
    Registration date : 2009-02-28

New BC2 Patch Next Week - Change Log Empty Re: New BC2 Patch Next Week - Change Log

Post by bigtroopy Fri May 07, 2010 11:09 pm

Well thats a start, but still no new maps New BC2 Patch Next Week - Change Log Icon_sad , personaly i hate the tanks, like you said will it hurt the server or not, looks like we will have more traffic, ran into archie the other night, azz found him and they were playing on our server, he also has a few freinds that play with him so that is good, and are looking to play on iy all the time.
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 937

New BC2 Patch Next Week - Change Log Empty Re: New BC2 Patch Next Week - Change Log

Post by Antares Fri May 07, 2010 11:16 pm

I say we remove the tanks and give it a try. I get tired of those things, I see no use for them on the maps we play. A map like Atacama Desert, now thats a different story. But for SQ DM, they're just irritating and provides players with the ability to pad their squad team score with easy kills.
    turkeyslapper
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Number of posts : 560
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

Post by turkeyslapper Sat May 08, 2010 2:47 am

i notice a lot that a tank will sit there the whole game without anyone taking it. so yeah, kill the tanks, and woot the knifing will be fixed
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1586

Post by AzzDawg Sat May 08, 2010 6:46 am

Yes.

Please kill the tank. It will save me having to put AT mines EVERYWHERE... I have kinda become notorious for that. lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:13 am