West Coast Frag Shack - Clan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

bc2 patch out today (for those interested)

turkeyslapper
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Number of posts : 560
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

bc2 patch out today (for those interested) Empty bc2 patch out today (for those interested)

Post by turkeyslapper Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:18 am

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Update Released

Product Update - Valve

20:45

Updates to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted.

All game servers will need to be taken down for updates. The maintenance period starts on Wednesday Jun 30th at 07:00AM (GMT+2). Most of them should be back up by 11:00AM (GMT+2).

Changelog:

Server - Some potential sources for lag/rubberbanding have been eliminated
    Server - The old reserved slots has been replaced by a kick-on-demand system like in BF2
    Server - Log file for server admins: all remote admin interface commands/events are logged
    Server - Log file for server admins: major server events + all chat messages are logged
    Server - Idle kick is controllable
    Server - Profanity filter can be disabled
    Server - Teamkill-kick system is controllable
    Server - Ticket counts and bleed rate are controllable per-level
    Server - Infantry only mode available per-level
    Server - Initial spawn delay and respawn delay are adjustable
    Server - Server description can be up to 400 characters, and use "|" for line breaks
    Server - Banlist can contain up to 10.000 entries
    Server - reduced latency in packet handling

Admin Interface - fixed the player.onKill spam that occasionally happened
    Admin Interface - ensured that player.onJoin events always report the player name
    Admin Interface - events triggered when people spawn
    Admin Interface - much more info on kills
    Admin Interface - detailed stats are reported at end-of-round

Gameplay - Various minor level bugfixes
    Gameplay - Helicopter handling has been tweaked
    Gameplay - Weapon tweaks have been implemented based on PC public feedback
    Gameplay - Tracer dart gun speed has been changed from 300 m/s to 200 m/s
    Gameplay - Fixed technical hang when a crate was armed outside of the combat area
    Gameplay - "Victory is near" message was shown for the wrong team on Valparaiso, this has been fixed
    Gameplay - Countermeasures can be fired when driving a helicopter
    Gameplay - The brightness of the pilot view in the Russian helicopter has been reduced
    Gameplay - Advanced Spotting scope works better
    Gameplay - Knifing people in the back works again (we backed out the change that we had done for Server R11)
    Gameplay - Hit box for moving targets expands based on the speed of the targets movement
    Gameplay - G36 now has crosshair when in Hardcore mode

Server Browser - Servers are sorted into 3 categories: Normal, Modified, Hardcore depending on their settings
    Server Browser - Added support for retrieving update progress
    Server Browser - Now refreshes information
    Server Browser - Join queue system when attempting to join a full server
    Server Browser - All settings are automatically saved between sessions
    Server Browser - Pings are sent via an alternate mechanism, which should work for non-Administrator users as well

Client - Fixed DX9 issue, which likely caused graphics glitches and perhaps crashes
    Client - Fixed some crashes
    Client - Toggle/hold crouch is user controllable
    Client - Toggle/hold zoom is user controllable
    Client - Vsync bugfixed for DX10/DX11
    Client - Rewritten how settings are written to disk; this should reduce/eliminate the spawn lag
    Client - Fixed bug where a player could join a server before the stats has been downloaded causing faulty stats in "EOR- unlock progression"-screen
    Client - New chat system allows chatting when dead (but not during end of round) and keeps a 100 lines log
    Client - Improved Play Now functionality
    Client - Removed K/D ratio and Skill Level filters in the leaderboards
    Client - Any points you get while being dead will be added to your score
    Client - Reduced negative mouse acceleration
    Client - Increased health on the Cobra to match other vehicles
    Client - More informative disconnection/kick reasons
    Client - Support for Map Packs so PC gets future VIP maps at the same time as consoles

The Balance tweaks are as followed:
    Slightly increased the damage of the UZI at long range.
    The AKs74u now has more felt recoil when aiming.
    The G3, VSS, and all SemiAutomatic rifles now settle slightly faster between shots when aiming.
    The PKM, Type 88LMG, G3, An94, and 40mm shotgun have returned to their former glory.
    Increased the damage of the MG3 to bring it in line with the rest of the LMGs.
    Fixed a bug where the Saiga12 with slugs would do too much damage at long range.
    Fixed a bug where the SVU would do too little damage at long range.
    Fixed a bug where M95 rounds would not kill armored targets with headshots.

AzzDawg Edit: Changed text colour, black on grey is hard to read

AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1586
    Registration date : 2009-02-09

bc2 patch out today (for those interested) Empty Re: bc2 patch out today (for those interested)

Post by AzzDawg Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:13 pm

I wouldn't see anything about new maps in this fix. though they have fixed a lot of things. Are the changes noticeable?
    turkeyslapper
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

bc2 patch out today (for those interested) Empty Re: bc2 patch out today (for those interested)

Post by turkeyslapper Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:40 pm

YEAH IT FUCKED ALL MY BINDS SET THEM BACK TO STD LOST MY FAVOURITES, oops sorry cps lock too lazty to redo, how do these fucks get away with these shit updates oh we fixed our last fuck up ( read knife in the back) it now works and gave the uzi more power now every prick uses an uzi. The 870 shottie will still snipe you across the map WTF how many shotties will do that . Shek pls take over your more articulate e.g FUCK THESE FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!. oh and did i mention no fuckin new map/s. so we play the same tired maps over and over and over and over and over sorry am i boring you cos the maps are boring me. i'm going to become a game developer , release a game with maybe 1 map spend a shitload on advertising and hype and sit back and rake in the millions from all the sad arse gamers.. now thats a plan......
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 937

Post by Antares Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:48 pm

I haven't learned enough yet from the Forums to be able to determine if there are additional maps being unlocked. I had heard that they would be, it was just a question of how many. I'll look more into it. If they unlock more maps and more than one, maybe this game might be a little interesting for a bit longer. We'll see.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:06 am

Antares wrote:I haven't learned enough yet from the Forums to be able to determine if there are additional maps being unlocked. I had heard that they would be, it was just a question of how many. I'll look more into it. If they unlock more maps and more than one, maybe this game might be a little interesting for a bit longer. We'll see.

Yeah... Maybe I might start playing it again. lol
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:46 pm

If we don't play this game, then I think that most of us don't have any other games to play that we're overly excited about. If you noticed yesterday and all of last night, the server somehow filled up and ran for hours. Maybe more people will give it a chance now that they've fixed so many issues. Unfortunately the damn crosshairs were on so I hope people don't shy away from the server because of that. I've since fixed the crosshairs. If you reboot the server, you will have to restart the map to turn them off.

I've set it to where you can now camp the server and not get kicked. Very soon they will put out another patch that will allow us to turn off the tanks and keep the server ranked. Right now you can only run no tanks in unranked mode. I hear this fix will come very soon.

Also once they're convinced that the latest patch is stable, they're supposed to unlock some more maps. These are the next two maps planned for SQ DM. I hear Nelson Bay isn't that great. However it will be nice to see Panama Canal in SQ DM. I think that is one of the better overall maps. Nelson Bay - mp_008sdm, Panama Canal - mp_001sdm Ideally we could see more maps unlocked in the coming weeks.
    Shek
    Shek
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Number of posts : 627
    Registration date : 2009-02-16

Post by Shek Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:08 pm

Nelson Bay for me is my most hated map in BF: BC2.
    turkeyslapper
    turkeyslapper
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Post by turkeyslapper Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:56 am

ditto, also thay are not new maps just maps ported from another mode. i want new maps. then again mw2 just recycled old cod 4 maps and called them new
    Shek
    Shek
    LT. Colonel
    LT. Colonel

Number of posts : 627
    Registration date : 2009-02-16

Post by Shek Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:50 am

turkeyslapper wrote:ditto, also thay are not new maps just maps ported from another mode. i want new maps. then again mw2 just recycled old cod 4 maps, one of which 90% of the players hated in with 6 maps in which none have any map balance and 1 map you can still glitch into a rock after about 3 weeks after release and not patched. and called them fan favorites.

Added minor things Razz

And the greatest news anyone will probably ever hear.....I'm looking into parts for building a rig :O.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:06 am

Shek wrote:
    turkeyslapper wrote:ditto, also thay are not new maps just maps ported from another mode. i want new maps. then again mw2 just recycled old cod 4 maps, one of which 90% of the players hated in with 6 maps in which none have any map balance and 1 map you can still glitch into a rock after about 3 weeks after release and not patched. and called them fan favorites.

Added minor things Razz

And the greatest news anyone will probably ever hear.....I'm looking into parts for building a rig :O.

The greatest? Lol
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:57 am

I never played four of the maps for Rush and didn't play the Conquest maps that aren't part of SQDM very much. So for me, there are 6 maps that could be unlocked that I would be interested in playing for awhile. I've only worn out four maps so far.
    AzzDawg
    AzzDawg
    Admin
    Admin

Post by AzzDawg Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:50 am

Antares wrote:I never played four of the maps for Rush and didn't play the Conquest maps that aren't part of SQDM very much. So for me, there are 6 maps that could be unlocked that I would be interested in playing for awhile. I've only worn out four maps so far.

Seconded
    Antares
    Antares
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Antares Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:37 pm

After Dice decided to release only ONE map for each mode in this latest patch, I said FUCK YOU and shove that pile of fucking shit game up your greedy ass. The server is no more boys.

They'll probably manage to fuck up MOH as well. We'll need to talk about if we want to put up a server on the first day, or check things out first to see if there are going to be major issues like in BC2. Afterall it is basically the same game with different skins.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:54 am